Are you tired of the hot summer and are looking for ways to make your Air conditioner Cool Faster in Summer? We hear you. It is a common problem, especially with the never-ending summer season in our country.
But how do we do that?
Here we will discuss the practical yet easy ways with which you can make the AC cool faster in summers.
Our top 7 Tips to make Air Conditioners Cool Faster in Summer
1. Maintenance: Maintaining the AC and doing service whenever required is a no-brainer to make the ACs cool faster, not just in summer. Check for any gas leakage if your AC provides less to no cooling and fill the gas if necessary.
2. Check for open spaces: Check for open windows or open spaces that might be open, which absorb all the cooling and reduce the cooling effect. So close or seal all the open spaces.
3. Clean the Filters: Yes, as simple as it sounds, cleaning the AC filters definitely helps with the cooling. The filters usually accumulate a lot of dust and dirt, which might prevent the AC from cooling faster and more efficiently. So make sure to remove the filters and clean them every few days.
4. Use a fan: Using Fans and ACs together might come as a contradictory thing to most people’s beliefs but running a ceiling fan provides more air circulation, which in return provides better cooling to the room. Try this out for yourself to know how it works.
5. Dry mode: If your AC has a dry mode or a dehumidifier, make sure to turn it ON. It makes sure to absorb all the humidity in the atmosphere and provide better cooling to the room.
6. No appliance: If you use your Refrigerator, Washing machine or other appliance in the same room as your AC, the appliance tends to pass down the heat to the ambience, and the AC cannot provide sufficient cooling to the room. So make sure to remove all the other appliances and shift them to a different place.
7. Lights: I know how strange it might sound like talking about lights while talking about cooling AC efficiently. But the truth is Lights generate a considerable amount of heat, and the heat absorbs the AC cooling. Turn Off the lights and you can see the AC cooling much more efficiently than how it used to be before.
These are a few tips that definitely work for cooling the room more efficiently. Also, if your AC does not provide sufficient cooling even after doing all of this, the Chances are that the motor might need a change or your AC might be too old. So be sure to do a quick check on them.
If there has to be one tip that we can say, it is to Close all the windows and open spaces. Indian households are constructed with lofts without cupboards, so be sure to seal them to cool the AC more efficiently, and it definitely saves you a lot of money on electricity bills.
1. Can I turn ON the Fan for better cooling?
Yes, turning on the Fan can definitely improve the cooling as it increases the air circulation in the room. So make sure to turn ON the Fan.
2. Can AC’s efficiency slow down in summer?
No. The efficiency of the AC does not decrease with climatic changes. Since the summer days are so hot, we think to ourselves that the AC’s Efficiency has lowered. It is a myth.
3. Is it good to keep my AC temperature at 16/18 degrees in summer?
It is always better to keep the AC temperature at 24 degrees as suggested by the Bureau of Energy Efficiency India as it saves you a ton of electricity.
If you want high cooling, then you can keep the AC at 16 or 18 degrees too according to your wish.
4. Why is the minimum temperature of an air conditioner 16 degrees?
The Evaporator of the AC freezes when the temperature goes below 16 degrees. Also 16 to 18 degrees of temperature is sufficient to cool any size room provided you use a correct AC size according to the room.