Don’t you think with the introduction of smart technology, life has got much easier and more comfortable?
If yes, then you should definitely start with having a smart ceiling fan in your home. These fans can be controlled either with a remote or via your voice commands.
Hence, your manual efforts will be reduced to almost zero considering the operations of the appliance. So, are you finally planning to buy a new smart ceiling fan for your home?
If yes, you are at the right place. In this forthcoming article, we will talk about the top such appliances available in the market and the ways to choose the best smart ceiling fan in India. So, without making any further delay, let’s get started with our discussion.
How we tested and picked the best smart ceiling fans in India?
Since smart ceiling fan technology is pretty new to many users, it has been a real challenge to pick out the best products. As we couldn’t afford to make any mistake, our testing strategy included a comparative study based on multiple aspects. For example, we first compared the models based on their user ratings to make sure we only choose the most preferred ones.
Besides, we considered the rpm rating, which defined the maximum rotational speed of the fan along with their power consumption. We also made sure to use price comparison tools for ensuring that our list consists of affordable ceiling fans that everyone can buy.
By the end of our comparisons, we finally picked out seven other smart ceiling fans available in the Indian market.
Top 8 Best Smart Ceiling Fans In India 2021
- 1200 mm blades
- Three blades
- BLDC motor
If you are worried about increased power consumption just because of smart technology, do not worry further, as the Atomberg Renesa comes with a BLDC motor.
Also Read: Best BLDC Fan In India 2021
BLDC or BrushLess DC motors are known for their increased torque output per wattage of electric input power, which is why the ceiling fan delivers the same output but consumes about 65% less electricity.
Its total power wattage rating is about 28 watts which is very less than other brands having smart ceiling fans. You will need an inverter battery to run the fan as its speed will depend on the battery input.
The remote comes with four major modes- sleep, boost, timer, and speed control for smart control features. The circular head of the fan has LED lights which will indicate the speed setting on which the fan is rotating and act as night lamps.
- Motor speed is 340 rpm which is pretty high for a ceiling fan
- Has 6 different speed settings for better control
- Comes with a matte white finish with an anti-dust feature
- Remote’s sensor range is not too much
2. Orient Electric Wendy Ceiling Fan
- Three aerodynamic blades
- Wonderful color combination of Azure blue with silver trims
- Aluminum used for manufacturing fan’s parts
Out of different blade shapes done to date, it is the aerodynamic shape that has the highest performance, and that’s why the Orient Electric Wendy ceiling fan has made its place in our list.
The three blades have an aerodynamic shape, increasing the air delivery power to a great extent of 230 cubic meters per hour.
Besides, due to such a design, the motor operates silently, and you won’t hear any whooshing sound as the blades will move the air inside the room.
Instead of the BLDC motor, you will have a copper motor with aluminium blades rigged into the structure for better motor efficiency. That’s why the rotational speed of the fan is around 320 rpm.
Also Read: Best Wall Fans in India 2021
- The lightweight fan will make installation easier
- A special bottom cover is present for extra durability of the fan
- The condenser is present that cools down the air coming in contact with the fan’s surface
- Has a bulky structure
3. Atomberg Efficio+
- 3-blade ceiling fan
- Lightweight ceiling fan
- Downrod motor structure
Most times, we make sure to buy a ceiling fan that will consume the least electrical energy, and finally, Atomberg has given us such an appliance- the Efficio+.
Even though its power consumption rating is 28-watts, the output performance is quite impeccable, with a motor capacity of 380 rpm.
Hence, you will get better air movement within the room than several other smart fans from Atomberg itself.
Coming to the remote controller, modes like boost, speed change, and timer modes are present to allow swift control of the fan.
The maximum operational range of the remote is about 20 feet which is why the fan can be mounted in rooms having a high ceiling.
The entire fan is coated with a matte sand grey shade with golden decorative leaf-like blocks at the wider end of the blades.
- Has multiple speed settings for better control
- Remote’s sensor can work from a long distance, the maximum being 20 feet
- Anti-dust coating is present on the blade surfaces for enhancing their beauty
- Can make noises as the motors start working after you switch on the fan
4. Orient Electric Aeroslim
- 1200mm blade length
- Has 3 blades
- Extremely lightweight with 6.6 kg
Suppose you are not very much thrilled with having only a remote-controlled fan. In that case, you should get the Orient Electric Aeroslim that can be controlled both via a remote and voice.
Hence, even if you don’t have the remote by your side, you can still control the fan’s speed or access any other functionality with a voice control feature where you will give commands, and the AI smart feature will respond after identifying it.
It comes with a 5-speed setting with the maximum torque output of the engine being 310 rpm. It will be enough for a small room with a long ceiling height.
Furthermore, it can be integrated with Google Assistant or Alexa, which will give you more control over the fan’s operations. Furthermore, LEDs are present, which can be dimmed easily as per your convenience and the need of the room’s ambience.
- Made from ABS plastic and hence is rust-free
- It can be mounted easily since the fan is lightweight
- Consumes less electric power, thanks to the presence of BLDC motor
- Motor speed could have been more than 310 rpm
5. OGSMITH Royal
- Blade sweep area of 1200 mm
- You can control multiple fans with a single remote
- 400 rpm motor power
Gone are the days when ceiling fans used to come in only black or white shades. Now, you can get a fan that will complement your room’s interiors, like the OGSMITH Royal fan, which comes with a chocolate brown colour with wonderful trims.
Such a colour combination will suit any interior, which is why getting this appliance wouldn’t be a bad idea. The motor used in the fan is highly durable and has a quick start feature with more output power.
It has a rotational speed of 400 rpm, which is quite high for a 3-blade ceiling fan. Also, the motor works silently, which will never disturb your sleep at night.
- Anti-dust metallic liquid paint done on the blades and fan’s body
- You can use a remote to control the fan by pointing in any direction
- Multiple fans can be paired with a single remote
- It’s a little heavy that can make the installation difficult
6. Havells Carnesia i
- White painted fan with golden trims
- Has smart access from phones
- Can sense temperature and humidity of the room
Havells is one of the best appliance brands in India, and that’s why it’s a smart ceiling fan; the Carnesia i comes with several advanced features, one of them being a temperature and humidity sensor.
It can be controlled using a remote as well as from your iOS or Android phone. It is an IoT device which means controlling the fan with a mobile can be done from both inside and outside the house over an internet connection.
It has five-speed settings with a maximum rotational speed of 390 rpm. With the help of the timer, you can even schedule an automated switch-on and off feature for better electricity saving.
- The ceiling fan can regain the last operating feature
- Anti-dust and anti-rust paint coating is done on the fan’s body
- Has a special breeze mode
- Electric consumption is a little more as compared to other smart fans
7. Halonix Cuboid 400mm Ceiling Fan
- Short and compact-sized fan blades
- You can control it with remote
- Built-in LED
Mounting the normal ceiling fans in low-height rooms is very dangerous and has caused several accidents in recent years, which is why we have included the Halonix Cuboid fan in our list.
Here, the fan blades might be short, with just 400mm in length. But, the entire setup is covered with a cage grill.
With the help of the cage, one can install the appliance in low-height rooms with ease as the probability of accidents will reduce considerably.
In addition, a BLDC motor is used in the fan, giving the maximum torque output of 1750 rpm at a much lower amount of electric power wattage.
- Comes with LED lights which will act as a night lamp
- The remote comes with all the functions possible for the ceiling fan
- No difficulty in mounting the ceiling fan on the ceiling
- It is not ideal for high-ceiling rooms
Things to consider to buy the best smart ceiling fan in India
- Controller: You can operate smart ceiling fans remotely without using the electrical switch or the regulator. However, different smart technologies have been integrated with the ceiling fans like remote control, voice control, and even controlling the settings via phone over the internet. Hence, you have to choose the ideal smart controller based on your convenience.
- RPM: Rotational Per Minute is the total number of rotations the fan will make in one minute. The motor present controls this particular attribute in the fan. Make sure you choose a proper RPM setting that will be perfect for the total room area. For larger rooms, higher RPM is preferred, while for smaller rooms, lower values of RPM will act perfectly.
- Fan modes: Before buying the ceiling fan model, make sure to check the modes present on the remote like sleep mode, breeze mode, timer mode, natural mode, cooling mode, and so on.
Smart ceiling fans have become quite popular in the past few years, thanks to hassle-free operations and low power consumption. The seven other smart ceiling fans we have described here top the list regarding ratings, features, and output deliverable performance. However, while choosing the ceiling fan, make sure you choose the best fan as per your need.
For experiencing advanced level smart ceiling fan features, our recommendation will be the Havells Carnesia i that can be controlled using both the remote and the mobile phones over the internet.
On the other hand, if you want higher motor torque output, go with the OGSMITH royal ceiling fan, as it can deliver 390 rpm speed at much lower electric consumption.